Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Meet Our Staff: Joshua Wallace

Joshua Wallace
Instruction Librarian
254-968-9455
jwallace@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor – room 110A


I began working at the library on June 6, 2016, as an Instruction Librarian. My primary duty is to teach students how to effectively locate, identify, and evaluate information. I also work at the reference desk, and serve as the library liaison to the Criminal Justice and Kinesiology departments.

I grew up in Ider, Alabama (population 723) and I attended The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. There I earned a BA and MA in History and a Master of Library and Information Studies degree. I started my librarian career in 2007 at South Texas College in McAllen. My wife, Yi-Chia Wu, was offered a position teaching Marketing at Tarleton in 2014, and we moved to Stephenville as a result. I then began working as a librarian at Ranger College.

I have been an adjunct history instructor since 2004. I have taught at the University of Montevallo in Alabama, South Texas College, and Ranger College. Starting this fall, I am teaching one section of HIST 1301 (United States History - I) at Tarleton.

In my free time I enjoy traveling, reading history books, cheering for the Crimson Tide football team, and watching science fiction movies. Eating is a real passion of mine. I love trying new restaurants and new cuisine. I also enjoy cooking, but only because I get to eat it afterwards.

No comments: