Monday, February 25, 2013

Meet Our Staff: Kym Schow

Kym Schow
Coordinator for Access Services
254-968-9871
schow@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor – Room 109C

Hello everyone!

My name is Kym Schow and I am the new Access Services Librarian. I’ll be overseeing the Circulation department and Interlibrary Loan while also working with off-campus students to make sure they have access to all our lovely resources.

I graduated from Angelo State University in 2008 with a bachelor's degree in fine arts in painting and drawing. After realizing that traditional animation isn’t the way of the world anymore, I decided to do a career evaluation. While my temporary adventures in pre-nursing were unfulfilling, the student worker position I found in the meantime at the Porter Henderson Library was the perfect fit! I was hired on as the Late Night Supervisor in Circulation in May 2010, and that June I started working on my library science degree at the University of North Texas. I graduated December 14, 2012, and shortly thereafter I was hired to join this wonderful team, and now here we are!

I spend most of my free time reading with my Chihuahua, Chibi, tucked away at my side. While my favorite genre is fantasy, I admit that reading fan-fiction is my guilty pleasure. Now that I’ve graduated, I hope to get back into some art projects that have been on the back burner for the past two years. I particularly enjoy working with acrylics and watercolor.

No comments: