Do you ever get stressed? How about STRESSED?
Most of us are under stress either at work, school, home or all of the above. I have put together a list of TEN things you can do to relieve stress:
1. Exercise. Helps relieve stress and tension.
2. Take long, deep breaths. Will calm your nerves and slow your heart rate down.
3. Call a good friend. Talk about positive things only and it will change your mood and attitude.
4. Start a journal. Journaling allows you to release your frustrations and move on.
5. Get a massage. Relieves pressure and physical tension.
6. Start a garden. This can be relaxing and save you money by growing your own organic foods.
7. Watch a comedy. Laughter is a wonderful stress reliever.
8. Find a hobby. Set aside time every day or several times a week to enjoy your hobby.
9. Reduce caffeine and sugar. Try to remove caffeine and sugar (including artificial sweeteners) from your diet.
10. Get more sleep. Your body and your mind need time to rest and recharge.
The library offers many resources to battle stress. Here are just a few books available in the library for stress management: