Try these tips:
1. Evaluate your resolutions. Be honest with yourself--is this goal a "want" or a "should"? If it's the latter, consider eliminating it.
|The Piedra Del Sol, or Aztec calendar stone. |
Taken with permission from morguefile.com.
2. Get inspiration. Read our tips for making and keeping your resolutions.
3. Be easy on yourself. Maybe you won't write a novel between now and December, but you can do an outline and two chapters. You'll definitely be further ahead than if you had given up.
4. Celebrate small milestones. When you reach part of your goal, give yourself a pat on the back, and perhaps a small, tangible reward.
5. Be flexible. Sometimes unexpected emergencies occur, and your priorities change. If you have a major change in your life, such as a move or a difficult family situation, the best thing to do may be to save your resolutions for another time.
Remember, if you need help, the library has many resources on the following (and many other) topics: