Friday, June 11, 2010

Read the books of the future today!

We're only halfway through 2010, and, amazingly enough, the Dick Smith Library already has 2 books with 2011 copyright dates! (By the way, just because the year hasn't happened yet doesn't mean you can legally plagiarize them.) The books are:
  • Media and criminal justice : the CSI effect by Dennis J. Stevens [General Stacks - P96 .C742 U67 2011]
  • Becoming a breast cancer nurse navigator by Lillie D. Shockney [So new it's not quite ready to be out on the shelves yet, but it'll end up in General Stacks - RC280 .B8 S4945 2011]

While looking for a good explanation for how something can have a copyright date that hasn't happened yet, I came across the U.S. Copyright Office's website, which has lots of interesting information, including a copyright FAQ page. I haven't yet found an answer to my question on the FAQ page, but it looks like it's got the answers to just about everything else. I mean, come on, "How do I protect my sighting of Elvis?"

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Great post! LOL!