Tarleton is monitoring this virus - you can check for updates here. A press release from Tarleton's Media Relations office today noted that "swine flu" is a misnomer, particularly since you don't catch the virus from handling pigs or eating pork products.
With finals coming up and summer vacations/jobs approaching, you want to try to avoid getting sick with this or any other illness. The following will help:
- Wash your hands often with soap and (preferably warm) water for 15-20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based disposable hand wipes or gel cleaners.
- Use tissues to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Don't share drinks with others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
Tarleton Health Services
Texas Department of State Health Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention