Did you make any New Year's Resolutions this year? Are you still sticking to them? According to "Resolutions by the Numbers", about 45% of us make resolutions each year. However 73% will give up before the first goal is met.
So what can we do to meet our goals?
- Be realistic. Habits develop over time. Give yourself the needed time to attain the goal. Strive to lose 50 pounds in eight months instead of two months.
- Write it down. Keep a journal to see what your triggers are and to track your progress.
- Don't beat yourself up over a lapse. We all have moments of weakness. Don't let the midnight brownie derail you. Acknowledge that you're human and get yourself back on track.
- Ask for support. If your resolution is to get healther then you might start going to the gym 3 days a week with a friend. It'll help pass the time and make going fun instead of a chore.
- Be accountable. Tell your goals to family and friends who will help keep you on track. Another way to stay accountable would be to sign a commitment contract in StickK. If you do not meet the commitment then you are required to donate to a charity that you would not normally support.