Monday, August 4, 2014

COWABUNGA, DUDE!

I grew up with the Ninja Turtles. Every Saturday morning, I would be glued to the television in anticipation of watching the TMNT and Captain Planet. I have all of the Jim Henson movies from the 90s and I can never pass up the opportunity to include the Ninja Turtles at an event or special occasion. This year, I'll be having a TMNT themed 30th birthday party. Why not? You only live once and you might as well enjoy it. I'm a huge Donatello fan. He's the nerdy one, of course. So what do the TMNT have to do with the library you may be asking yourself?

Well, a new TMNT movie will be coming out soon. I'm kind of on the fence about it because it doesn't follow the original story line from the comics/movies. I will go watch the movie just to see what it is all about. I found that using the library's Discovery@Tarleton, you can find journal, magazine, and newspaper articles on the TMNT. Most of the articles are from the mid to late 90s, but there are a few recent ones that critique the new film or give insight to the new film and its characters. It is interesting to see how the Ninja Turtles from the 90s were used to discuss war and character portrayals. I'd love to know what you all think about the Ninja Turtles, new and old. The new movie releases on Friday, August 8th.

http://thesixersense.com/2014/07/16/sixers-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-extended-tv-spot-banner.html




2 comments:

jodie said...

I too grew up watching Captain Planet and TMNT, though I was aging out of their target demographic. Think I was watching TMNT more for my obsessed brother... that is until the Power Rangers became his world :)

But I do have all three of the original movies and am on the fence regarding the new one as well.

Yvonne said...

I had a feeling you wrote this blog post. :-)