Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Learning Express Library

If you are thinking about going back to school, are currently in school, have children in school or just want to refresh some test taking skills you need to check out the Learning Express Library database on our database page.

My daughter will be going into the 7th grade in the fall and she struggles with dyslexia. I was searching our databases for something that might help her this summer and the Learning Express Library database had everything I was looking for and more.

I found activities for math and reading at all levels plus practices tests for the dreaded STAAR (State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness). I am sure she will not show as much enthusiasm as I did with my findings but it will better prepare her for junior high.

STAAR practice test
 
 
While I was looking for other practice tests and activities for her to do this summer I clicked on the College Preparation tab and found practice tests for my son who will be starting college in the fall. He is actually taking the ACCUPLACER test this week and was able to prepare for it with the practice tests.
ACCUPLACER practice tests
 
 I found the Workplace Skills Improvement tab and found some helpful information for myself.
Workplace Skills
 
 
So keep your mind sharp this summer and check out all the DSL databases!
 

 

No comments: