Friday, April 30, 2010

Neil Gaiman, feral child raised by...

The American Library Association chose Neil Gaiman to be the Honorary Chair of the 2010 National Library Week, celebrated this month. Although I have dear friends that I suspect were raised by wolves, it is intriguing that he himself says he was a feral child raised by...librarians. His interview with Kate Pritchard Neil Gaiman Talks About His Love of Libraries is interesting reading, and prompted me to wonder what a library means to you, Dear Reader. Let us know!

In case you are interested, we have several of his titles, some juvenile literature, in PZ7.G1273 (downstairs), and PR6057.A319 (upstairs). I promise not to check them out for a few days. Maybe.

1 comment:

Cathy W. said...

Thanks for the post. It got me curious about his works. So, I've requested The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes through interlibrary loan. The volume includes The Sandman #1-8, 1988-1989. The Sandman won the World Fantasy Award. I'm looking forward to reading all the volumes.