I'm not keen on turkey and dressing, but I do love a good holiday! I found this really interesting website about Thanksgiving. From the History News Network, take a look at 10 Myths about Thanksgiving.
- Myth 1 - The Pilgrims Held the First Thanksgiving – (it was TEXAS?)
- Myth 2 - Thanksgiving Was About Family – (It is all about diversity)
- Myth 3 - Thanksgiving Was About Religion – (party time!)
- Myth 4 - The Pilgrims Ate Turkey – (Venison anyone?)
- Myth 5 - The Pilgrims Landed on Plymouth Rock – (Cape Cod)
- Myth 6 - Pilgrims Lived in Log Cabins
- Myth 7 - Pilgrims Dressed in Black – (no funny buckles or weird shoes either)
- Myth 8 - Pilgrims, Puritans – (NOT the Same Thing)
- Myth 9 - Puritans Hated Sex
- Myth 10 - Puritans Hated Fun - (good times for all)
Follow the link above and find out about all the myths! If you have an idea or something to say about Thanksgiving, please post a comment and share!