With all the rainy weather and the addition of 30 more computers in the library, I have been seeing a LOT of folks on Facebook. I found this really great post about Facebook security and thought I would share. Please read the entire post for 'Great tips and How to' (it even includes pictures!).
- 300 million active users
- Each user has an average of 130 friends
- 2 billion+ photos uploaded each month
- 70% of users try applications (games, quizzes, etc.)
Here is a quick 10 list of things you can (and cannot) do to safeguard your Facebook privacy. (Facebook Security shows step by step how to do each item)
- Organize Friends in Lists
- Customize Profile Privacy
- Set Facebook Privacy Level of Photo Albums
- Restrict Search Visibility
- Control Automatic Wall Posts and News Feed Updates
- Set Facebook Wall Privacy
- Avoid Appearing in Advertisements
- Protect Yourself from Friends' Applications
- Privacy from Your Applications
- Quitting Facebook? Delete, Don't Just De-Activate Your Account
I hope this list makes you think and gets you to read the article. It will give you a better understanding and insight into Facebook's privacy.
If you have ideas for future topics, questions or concerns please tell us in the comments!