Blogger Alice Sneary, head of the community team at the Online Community Library Center library cooperative (known as OCLC), created this list of 10 tips. It is a really great list! I've summarized just the basics. I encourage you to read the entire post with full explanations and details here. Please - get the most out of the Library!
3. Don't miss the databases. – Tarleton Libraries has over 150 databases to search, most with full text articles
4. Search strategically – learn how to search both the catalog and databases, read the help files.
5. Pay attention to punctuation and foreign characters – I would add spelling to this list.
6. Take advantage of audiobooks – the library has audiobooks in our AV collection
8. Borrow from anywhere – ILLiad, our inter-library loan service is free
9. Invest in a study carrel – we have study rooms available and you can use a locker to store your things
10. Ask for help – we have professional librarians here to help. Use them.
Alice's post is REALLY great! I hope you take a minute to read it. One of the best ways to get the most out of the library is to visit us. The library is open 101 hours per week offering access to the library's collections, reference assistance, circulation services, study rooms, computer workstations, and more. We hope to see you soon!