What a great time of year. Hot days and warm nights with daylight until 9pm! Summers always include lots of family get-to-gathers, with great food and traditions. It's time to get the grill out! Here is a list of favorite Summer Foods. Do you have a favorite? Post a comment and share.
- Anything on the grill – burgers, hotdogs, steaks. They just can't be beat.
- Apple Pie – Nothing says America better.
- Watermelon – ice cold with just a dash of salt…yum
- Tomatoes - either homegrown, or the ones on the vine.
- Ice-cream – Homemade Vanilla, a family tradition that cannot be beat.
- Summer Squash – Yellow squash and zucchini- I hope the gardens come in soon.
- Strawberry Shortcake – Its almost healthy...
- Peaches – Texas peaches are the best
- Avocados – buttery goodness
- Grilled Chicken, ribs, etc. – I know it's also number one – but anything on a grill is worth mentioning twice!
I hope you have good times this summer! Enjoy.