Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Meet Our Staff: Brandon Assmann

Brandon Assmann
Evening Circulation Supervisor
254-968-1895
bassmann@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor – Circulation Desk

Hi, my name is Brandon Assmann (pronounced Osmond) and I am the new Evening Circulation Supervisor!  This means I’ll oversee the library at night (5 p.m. to 2 a.m., Sunday through early Friday), on top of compiling stats and helping maintain our amazing collection.

Originally from Iowa, I received a BA in history, secondary education, and a minor in theatre and speech from Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa.  During my college years, I was involved with numerous theatrical productions, my favorite being The Grapes of Wrath.  After graduation, I spent five years teaching and directing speech and drama at the high school level.  However, I decided teaching wasn’t for me and after working at a few places, I finally made my way to Tarleton.

In my free time I enjoy watching movies, playing video and board games, going for walks, and reading.  I mostly read science fiction and fantasy with some of my favorites being World War Z, Faith of the Fallen, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire… but those tend to change from day to day.

I am excited to begin my career here at Tarleton!

No comments: