Thursday, February 23, 2017

Meet Our Staff: Ally Warren

Ally Warren
Periodicals Associate
254-968-1752
awarren@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor

I recently joined the Tarleton family as the Periodicals Associate. This is my first position with a library – a dream come true! My job is to supervise our student workers, and assist in claims, binding, and various additional projects surrounding the periodicals area. I have a background in health information management, HIPAA, and electronic medical records software. My husband and I have three children: Justin, attending the University of Wyoming, Jenny, a freshman at Texas Tech, and Jack, a senior in high school.

My hobbies are reading, traveling, cooking, and calligraphy. I have a large collection of inks and fountain pens, and one of my favorite activities is cleaning, repairing, and re-inking all…of…those…pens. My favorite book is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, by John Berendt. I love Key Lime pie, and I’m a former swimmer looking to get back into the pool. My rescue cat’s name is Hemingway, who has his own kitten named Fitzgerald. Ernest Hemingway is my favorite author – I checked off my top bucket list item when I toured the Hemingway House in Key West. If I could have pulled it off, I would have brought a six-toed cat back with me.

No comments: