Thursday, September 8, 2016

Meet Our Staff: Kortney Davis

Kortney Davis
Administrative Associate
254-968-9246
kdavis@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Upper Level – room 201


My name is Kortney Davis. I started working at the library in August 2016 as the evening User Services Assistant. I am here Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.  I am at the main level reference desk from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. I genuinely enjoy everything that I do here, and my favorite part of my work is interacting with students. When I am not assisting students, you can find me checking shelving flags on the lower and upper levels, running reports for paid fines, and maintaining inventory for the reference section and general stacks. I also assist with scheduling our meeting and group study rooms.

When I am not at work, I am usually at home. I always have my face in a new book regarding a hobby or interest, and I love to cook! I live in Stephenville with my fiancé and our furry children. We have three cats, Pixel, Althea, and Phoebe, and right before I started working at the library, we adopted a puppy named Poppin. My favorite fiction authors are Neil Gaiman, Oscar Wilde, and Janet Fitch. My interests include music of all varieties, aromatherapy, knitting, crocheting, gardening, dying fabric, and geology.

I am so happy to be here! Everyone has been incredibly welcoming and kind. I am looking forward to growing in my career here and getting to know our staff and students.

[ETA - in May 2018, Kortney was promoted to Administrative Associate in our Administrative offices on the upper level, room 201, replacing Leslie Newcomb.]

No comments: