Thursday, January 21, 2016

Meet Our Staff: Ginger Cousins

Ginger Cousins
Evening Supervisor
254-968-1895
cousins@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor – Circulation Desk

Hi, My name is Ginger Cousins. I graduated from Tarleton State University in May 2015 with a Bachelors in Communications.  I started working here in September 2015 as the new Evening Circulation Supervisor. My normal work hours are from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. 

This will be the first semester that the Tarleton Libraries has been open until 2 a.m. I am excited to see how these hours will benefit students.  Some of my work duties include: helping supervise the student workers, making deposits, checking TexShare cards, maintaining the blocked list (students that have not paid their library fines), and reserving rooms when needed.

I currently live here in Stephenville with my husband Brian, and our two cats Hagrid and Dumbledore. Yes, we are a bit of Harry Potter fans! However, my favorite novels are by Nicholas Sparks. I love his bittersweet endings. I believe that when words from a book can make you feel emotion, then the author has done the job perfectly.

I have enjoyed working at Tarleton Libraries and am very grateful at how friendly and welcoming everyone has been. I look forward to getting to know everyone better and continuing to learn everything that the library has to offer students. 

No comments: