Friday, August 22, 2014

1984

On August 23, 1984, I was born. I can't believe that I'll be thirty soon. I'll be celebrating in truly age appropriate style: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pizza party at Cici's. I began to wonder what was going on at Tarleton 30 years ago. We have so many traditions. I wanted to see what has and hasn't stuck around and if any neat things happened.

The '84 Grassburr has activities from the '83-'84 school year. Looks like homecoming week had a lot of the same activities: bonfire, parade, football, queen and plenty of Poo antics. The '85 Grassburr has activities from the '84-'85 school year. A lot of cool things happened in the Fall of 1984. The GoGo's gave a concert. It would be awesome to have a big named talent on campus to give a concert! Tarleton beat Sul Ross 37-14 at the homecoming game. 

I'm looking forward to another thirty years and can't wait to see what Tarleton will be doing then, too. #TarletonRocks #Purple Pride #Turning30

If you need assistance, email reference@tarleton.edu or call 254-968-9249

No comments: