Monday, January 28, 2013

Need Help with Debt?

If you're like me, you're struggling with debt. When I was growing up, my parents' always had money problems (and, to this day, they are still living paycheck to paycheck). I tried to use them as an example and go a different route, but, alas, credit cards and school loans came along, and I got sucked in. I've been working as hard as I can for quite a while to try and pay them off, and, at one point, I had them almost completely paid for, but then I had my own little "series of unfortunate events", and now I'm back to where I started again.

So, I started looking up personal budgeting ideas in the library catalog to try and find something that might help me out of my situation with money problems and might give me new ideas on what I can do to best manage my money. What I found was this great video from the Films on Demand database. The library subscribes to this database now, so we finally have access to it, and I thought it would be useful information to pass on. The film is called "Your Money, Your Life: Empowering Young Adults to Get Their Money Right." You can either click on the hyperlink above, view the video below, or visit the Dick Smith Library A-Z Database page, click on Films on Demand, and search for the film yourself, whichever you prefer.



This video is geared more towards college students now and just after graduation, but it still offers good ideas and good advice for anyone interested. I hope this helps someone out there. I know there's a few things I still need to change; so, good luck, and if you have any ideas on ways to budget better or cut back on spending, please post. I'm sure I could use the suggestion.

No comments: