Summertime for many of us means trying to find activities to do with our families. This can become very expensive and then puts additional pressure and tension on families.
I have found several activities through the Texas Parks & Wildlife website. They have a search box on their site to help you find the right camping, hiking, biking, etc activity that suits your needs.
Here are several places that are super kid and budget friendly:
· Dinosaur Valley Park located in Glen Rose, TX
· Big Bend Ranch in Presidio, TX
· Cleburne State Park in Cleburne, TX
· Meridian State Park in Meridian, TX
· Lake Mineral Wells in Mineral Wells, TX
· Bastrop State Park in Bastrop, TX
· Brazos Bend State Park in Needville, TX
There are many, many more parks on their main website (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/). They also list any kind of warnings (fire burn ban or water rationing) on each individual parks site. You can make reservations; see pictures, view maps, etc. from this site.
So get out, move around and have some family fun without breaking the bank!!