Friday, February 3, 2012

"I read an article the other day..."

I'm always saying that to my friends. Well, I did read an article the other day, and it was a very interesting article. Interesting because it was about a Peruvian tribe that is very isolated with hardly any contact with civilization. They are becoming bolder and actually had killed a man that had traded with them. He was the only one who could communicate with them. I am always astonished to find that there are still tribes that are uncontacted.

The world really isn't as small as I think.

You can read the article by clicking here:
Isolated Peru tribe makes uncomfortable contact.

Also, check out these articles that I found in our databases about isolated tribes.

Search them by title at http://www.tarleton.edu/library/databases.html

"Water World"

"The Hidden Tribes of the Amazon"

"Lost Tribes: Indigenous People and the Social Imaginary"

No comments: