Monday, December 5, 2011

Meet Our Staff: Crystal Stanley

Crystal Stanley
Archives and Reference Assistant
254-968-1896
cstanley@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Lower Level – room B05A

My career at the Dick Smith Library began October 24, 2011.  I was excited to be hired as the Reference Assistant. At the moment I am working on reducing the reference collection, but I also file legal inserts and answer questions about the databases. I work at the main floor reference desk from the time the library opens until 9 AM Monday through Friday. You can also find me at the upper level reference desk during the long semesters.

I graduated from Tarleton in August 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in History. This fall, I began working on my Master of Arts in History. I have recently become interested in furthering my education and career goals to include a Master in Library Sciences. I have a great interest in archives.

As for now, my outside interests include READING!! I love books! I am also advising the lovely ladies of Kappa Delta Chi, of which I am an active alumna (hence all the penguins at my desk!).

[Editor’s note: Crystal jumped right in and got involved with Halloween at the library, distributing candy to little visitors the first morning of her second week – hence the photo!]

No comments: