Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Your learning philosophy

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -Alvin Toffler

I gave a library tour to a class recently. At the end of the tour, the instructor asked her students to write down information about several of the locations we had just visited. She also asked them to write down their philosophy of learning.

This really got my attention, and has been residing in the back of my mind ever since.

I'm a former public school teacher. As part of student-teaching (and, later, job-hunting) we all dutifully recorded our philosophy of teaching.

But no one had ever asked me about my philosophy of learning. What could be more important?

How do you learn best?

What are some of your positive and negative learning experiences?

What is YOUR philosophy of learning?

No comments: