Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Meet Our Staff: Danni King

Danni King
Graduate Assistant
254-968-9249
danni.webb@go.tarleton.edu
Reference & Information Desk
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor

I began working at the Dick Smith Library as a student worker in August of 2006, also my freshman year here at Tarleton, in the Processing/Cataloging Department. I worked at the library until December 2009, and began my semester of student teaching in January 2010. I graduated from Tarleton with my Bachelor of Science in Education in May 2010. I began graduate school in January of 2011 and began working at the library in February, this time as the Reference Desk Graduate Assistant. I work at the Information desk on the main floor and do my best to answer the patron's questions. I'm also becoming a master at un-jamming the printers. I'm pursuing my MED (Masters of Education) degree in School Counseling with the LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) option. I hope to graduate in the spring of 2013.

I will have been married two years this December, and my husband not only graduated from Tarleton, but he works here as well in the HVAC department. We have five dachshunds, and we spend most of our time chasing after them. We enjoy going to the movies, traveling, and playing outside with our crazy dogs. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and photography. I love to read and couldn't possibly think of just one favorite book, there are just too many to name!

1 comment:

Cathy W. said...

Yea, Danni. We're so happy (and grateful) that you're part of the DSL team!