Friday, September 16, 2011

One last thing...


It’s funny how we as Americans often define ourselves by our work. Telling someone “I’m an accountant” or “I work with kids” will give a certain kind of message, and they will assume certain things about you.

On Monday, September 19, I’ll be leaving this country to study for my Master of Arts in Information Studies at the University of Brighton. I’m doing this so I can continue to further my career in libraries.

Though I’ve only ever worked in one library, I can honestly say that it’s the best place I’ve ever been employed so far. The reason for this is simple: librarians (and other information professionals who work in libraries) happen to be the friendliest, kindest, most generous people I have yet to encounter.

I’m not sure where my future will take me, or where I’ll be working in a year, five years, or thirty. I know one thing, however: if I’m working with library professionals I’ll be associated with the best possible company.

The staff of Dick Smith Library will each hold a piece of my heart. I love them all, and I’ll never forget how they’ve enriched my life for the past five years.

Thank you!

Thomas Schilb
P.S. I’ve attached pictures from my last two displays. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janie said...

I miss you already, Thomas! We have all threatened to visit you SOON! j