Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Meet Our Staff: Leslie Newcomb

Leslie Newcomb
Administrative Associate
254-968-9246
lnewcomb@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Upper Level – room 201

I began working at the Dick Smith Library on September 1, as the Administrative Assistant.  In this position, I also serve as Student Worker Coordinator for the library. If you are a student and are interested in working for the library, come see me on the upper level administrative office, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM, and fill out an application.

Two years ago I began working for Tarleton at the W.K. Gordon Center in Thurber.  Some of my responsibilities there included welcoming guests, answering questions about area history, and providing museum information; and assisting with gift shop management.

I began officially volunteering at the Ranger City Library during 2009, after occasionally helping out since 2006 and working closely with the librarian on many other projects, both for the library and for outside interests.

When I have spare time I enjoy reading and watching movies.  I have a future goal of learning how to and actually enjoying cooking.

No comments: