Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - 10 Communications Hurdles

We do annual reviews about this time every year, and every year I set a goal to improve my communications skills. I found this list of communication hurdles - can you relate? 
  • Confronting or criticizing others
  • Not being taken seriously
  • Feeling self-conscious
  • Dealing with other people's anger
  • Speaking in front of a group
  • Controlling one's emotions
  • Receiving criticism
  • Getting cooperation
  • Setting limits
  • Taking the floor
One of my biggest hurdles is written communication. I seem to come off as mad or mean and I don't understand how or why!  Do you know of other communications hurdles?   Post a comment and share!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I've always had trouble dealing with other people's anger--it makes me uncomfortable, and I'll go out of my way to avoid it--sometimes to my detriment.

Great list!