We do annual reviews about this time every year, and every year I set a goal to improve my communications skills. I found this list of communication hurdles - can you relate?
- Confronting or criticizing others
- Not being taken seriously
- Feeling self-conscious
- Dealing with other people's anger
- Speaking in front of a group
- Controlling one's emotions
- Receiving criticism
- Getting cooperation
- Setting limits
- Taking the floor
One of my biggest hurdles is written communication. I seem to come off as mad or mean and I don't understand how or why! Do you know of other communications hurdles? Post a comment and share!