Friday, January 21, 2011

Meet Our Staff: Christy Tabors

Christy Tabors
Coordinator for Reference Services
254-968-1898
tabors@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library - Main Floor

I began working for the Dick Smith Library on January 3, 2011, as a Library Assistant. My duty at the library is to provide administrative support to the Access Services department, such as overseeing room reservations, the general upkeep of meeting rooms, and to monitor and maintain library inventory reports. Previously, I had been working at TSO, here in Stephenville, as an Optician.

I graduated from Tarleton State University in December 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts in English degree. I am currently attending Texas Woman’s University online to obtain my Masters of Library Science degree; I will complete my degree in Spring 2012.

When I am not working, I enjoy reading, painting, writing, and photography. My favorite writer is William Shakespeare, and I enjoy reading literary criticism and theories concerning his works. I am engaged and plan on getting married sometime within this next year. I have been to England and Mexico and hope to add more locations to that list in the future. I am extremely excited to be at the Dick Smith Library, and I look forward to helping people and learning as much as I can about the interworking of the library! 

No comments: