Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Yellow Car

Since it Tis the season, I'd like to share a story with you about a Christmas tradition in our family. When my nephews were 4 and 5 years old, my husband (Joe) bought them a model car, which he had to put together. When they went home they forgot the car. When Christmas rolled around the car was still there. So I wrapped it up and put it under the Christms tree. When they opened it they thought that was so funny. When they went home, again, they forgot the yellow car. So the next Christmas, I wrapped it and they got it again. They thought that was really funny. So after that, in the excitement of opening their packages, they would lay it down, and we would sneak it out and give it to them the next year. I finally had to buy another car to have 2 boxes, they figured out the gift together was the car. Then it was a question of "who got the yellow car this time?" We did this for 14 years. We lost John in a car accident 3 years ago. He would have been 23 this Sunday. Seemed kind of strange, I couldn't find the car that year, I'm sure I have it stored away somewhere. It's funny, who would have thought, we would have so much fun and so many good Christmas memories because of a little yellow car.

Hope you have lots of Christmas Memories!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanking for sharing you Christmas memories. Great story.

Janie said...

Now THAT is a sweet Christmas memory, Peggy! Thank you!