Friday, December 10, 2010

50 Novels to Read when You Need a Good Laugh

Dec. 10! I feel a party coming on (Thanks, Mike Graham!)!! Well, maybe not. Once finals are over, and Christmas is over, what you may really need is somequality down time! How about a fire, hot chocolate, and a good book! How about a good book that makes you rotfl?

Spend some time with this list, 50 Novels to Read when You Need a Good Laugh. Just reading the list is making me smile. Roald Dahl, one of my favorite ADULT authors--trust me, he did not write only children's books like James and the Giant Peach. Hugh Laurie? Letters from the Earth (Twain). Bridget Jones's Diary--love the movie!! Dave Barry--did you hear his article about getting patted down at the airport! How about Evanovich's One for the Money?

We have some of these books in the library, and if you are registered for the spring semester, you may check them out over Christmas.

Enjoy your break!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Just this morning, I started listening to "A Confederacy of Dunces" on audiobook, which the library recently acquired. I could use the laughs right now!

Janie said...

Oooo, I saw we have 'A Confederacy of Dunces'--audio would be a good medium.