Wow, it's a new semester already! I want to help you start the academic year off by giving you ways you can set yourself up to have a great semester. Most of these are applications or usernames and passwords that give you access to some of the many resources Tarleton has to offer its students. This information is provided as a guide to get you started.
- NTNET account - this is an important account! Not only does it get you access to campus computers, but also library databases, and ILLiad. Claim your NTNET account at http://www.tarleton.edu/userclaim. This is commonly referred to as your "ST_ account".
- UID - this is a unique nine-digit number provided to you upon your admission to Tarleton. This number is used frequently to confirm your identity - so it is a good idea to have it memorized. If you don't know your UID, you may look it up at http://www.tarleton.edu/uidlookup
- TARLETON Email - your "email@example.com" account is your official university issued email address. Please check it frequently at http://outlook.com for important university information. This account is yours to keep for life. For detailed information on email options and configurations, see http://outlook.com/help
- myGateway - this is Tarleton's web portal where many resources have been assembled for your convenience. Login at http://gateway01.tarleton.edu or click the myGateway link at the top of the Tarleton homepage.
- Library Catalog – My Account – Not only can you use the library catalog to locate materials available from the Tarleton Libraries, our online catalog provides access to your library account. You can view a list of items currently borrowed, extend loan periods, update your contact information, change your PIN number, and place holds on needed materials. Go to Catalog: My Account - http://lib01.tarleton.edu/uhtbin/cgisirsi.exe/x/x/0/1/1166/X/
- Ducktrax - you can access your personal course schedules, grades, unofficial transcripts, and other information. You can also use it to manage personal information and user preferences. Log on to Ducktrax with your UID and PIN at https://web01.tarleton.edu:85/
- ILLiad – The library's interlibrary Loan system lets you request items not available to you locally http://lib01.tarleton.edu/scripts/lib_redirect.pl?ill
- Blackboard – the web-based course-management system used to participate in classes delivered online or use online materials and activities used to complement face-to-face teaching. If you're enrolled in a course that uses Blackboard, be sure to ask your instructor how Blackboard will be used in that course. Login at http://online.tarleton.edu/Dual/DualLoginPage.htm with the same UID and PIN used for Ducktrax.
- ITS - http://www.tarleton.edu/technology - This website has information about from the Information Technology Services department, including accounts, acceptable use, network storage, etc.
- Library Usernames and Passwords - http://www.tarleton.edu/library/offcampus.html - This webpage provides information about library applications that require usernames. It gives you information about who to call to get help from the library.
I hope you find these links helpful. If you get all your access set up early, then you are already ahead of the game once assignments start stacking up! And remember, Dick Smith Library is here to help. We have lots of resources available for you. The reference desk of the Library is staffed with professional librarians who provide personalized service to assist with learning and research needs. You may get help and ask questions in person at the library, by phone at 254-968-9249, by email, or via the web at http://www.tarleton.edu/~library/askaref.html. We hope to see you in the library soon!