Monday, August 23, 2010

Meet Our Staff: Thomas Schilb

Thomas Schilb
Reference Assistant
254-968-1896
schilb@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor – room 110

I began working for the Dick Smith Library on October 26, 2006, as a part-time student worker in the Circulation Department. That was my freshman year. After working for the library throughout my college career, I applied for the position of Reference Assistant and have been working full-time since July 1, 2010. Now, I file legal inserts as well as answer questions about databases and help people find books and periodicals. I work at the main floor reference desk from when the library opens until 9 AM Monday through Friday. You can also find me at the upper level reference desk during the long semesters.

I graduated from Tarleton State University in May 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theater. I find myself using the skills I learned as a Tarleton student every day, particularly regarding designing the New Books display on the main level.

I also plan to attend graduate school online to earn a Master’s degree in Library Science in order to become a librarian and apply the experience from my time here in the Dick Smith Library to that end.

No comments: