Friday, December 11, 2009

Meet Our Staff: Peggy Smith

Peggy Smith
Evening Circulation Supervisor
254-968-1895
pjsmith@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Circulation Desk

On December 1st, I came to the Dick Smith Library to oversee the running of the circulation desk and library student workers, from 3:00pm until closing at midnight, Sunday through Thursday. I must say everyone has been so kind in welcoming me.

Previously I was a postal clerk for the campus Tarleton Post Office. Before that I worked at Texas State Technical College (TSTC) in Brownwood as the Library Technician. I graduated from TSTC in 2000, with an Associate degree in Information Management Technology. I worked at TSTC seven years. Due to the economy my husband (Joe)and I decided we had to work in the same town. At the time he worked here at Tarleton as a groundskeeper. He no longer works due to throat cancer. We have been married 34 years. We have a daughter, Angela Hughes, who graduated from Tarleton in 2000. We have a five-year-old granddaughter named McKenzie, and of course she hangs the moon.

I love to sew, and of course I sew for my granddaughter. I’m trying to teach myself to play the piano, but not doing too well. And I hope to get a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in the near future.

1 comment:

Cathy W. said...

Welcome to the DSL team, Peggy. We're very glad you've joined us!