- Stay Organized: web applications to help you get and stay organized.
- Evernote -- note taking tool that lets you sync notes between the web, your phone, and any computer
- Notely -- solution for taking notes and staying organized
- GradeMate -- organizer for creating to-do lists, managing due dates, and collaborating
- Backpack -- tool for keeping research organized
- Study Better: web tools to help you get the most out of your study time.
- StudyRails -- for people who have trouble blocking out distractions when it comes time to study
- Diggo -- web-based highlighter and sticky note system for annotating your web research and sharing work with classmates
- Delicious -- tool for collecting web resources for a class, project, or paper under a single tag
- Mindmeister -- organize your thoughts and research through mind maps
- Work and Collaborate: web-based and social tools that help you get your work done and collaborate with others on group projects.
- Google Docs -- online word processing and spreadsheets applications that let you work together on group assignments
- EtherPad --collaboration tool that lets a group of people edit a document at the same time and see what everyone is writing as they write it
- Sliderocket -- online presentation building tool for creating multimedia presentations that are accessible from anywhere
- Wikidot -- a simple, wiki hosting solution for creating an unlimited number of wiki pages to organize projects and group research
- Cite Right: tools to help you keep track of your sources and cite them properly.
- CiteMe -- search the world’s largest library catalog by title, author, subject, or ISBN and get formatted citations in APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, or Turabian style
- EasyBib -- automatically create citations in APA, Chicago/Turabian, and MLA styles
- Zotero -- automatically collects your research sources and lets you create citations in any of one of over a thousand different styles
Thursday, September 10, 2009
15 Essential Web Tools for Students
A recent Mashable post by Josh Catone offers a guide to 15 Essential Web Tools for Students, plus links to the tools and tips for using them. With all the tasks everyone manages every day, these tools are very handy.