Its Tuesday again – time for a list! I'm addicted to email. I hate being away from a computer for more than two day. PC magazine has produced a list – 25 golden rules of email. It is really a good list. I have picked my top 10 items for this post. I hope you find this useful.
- Get a meaningful permanent address – you don't want "hottiemom1980" for life
- Two different email accounts can be useful – one public and one personal
- Be careful of the "Reply All" button
- Subject lines matter – they put the reader and sender on the same page
- Attach what you promised
- Don't open attachments or click links you aren't expecting
- Don't e-mail angry
- Create a useful signature
- Avoid confidential information
- Beware of hoaxes and chain emails
The 25 golden rules of email is a great resource, you should really check out the link above. If you have email tips, please post a comment and share!