Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Meet Our Staff: Nicole Young

Nicole Young
Non-Clerical Assistant I
254-526-1618
Room 113, Bldg 102
Oveta Culp Hobby Memorial Library
Tarleton Central Texas Campus
Killeen, Texas

I started working for the Tarleton Central Texas library in the spring of 2006 as a student worker. However, this year I was promoted to Non-Clerical Assistant. My job duties have been pretty much the same over the past couple years – shelving, circulation desk duties, book processing – but I was recently given the job of sorting mail, which is a lot more responsibility than you’d think! I decided, since there’s paperwork involved, it’s an important job. ;)

As of this past summer, I am a graduate of Tarleton State University! It’s very exciting to be finished with school, but filling out job applications and submitting resumes – the infamous job hunt – is just about as fun as studying for tests and writing papers. My degree is in Liberal Studies with an emphasis in Sociology. I have no clue what career I want to pursue, but I do know that I want to do something that makes a difference, whether big or small, to someone. I love making people laugh, preferably not at me. Photography is my passion. I quote movies in daily conversation. My life definitely has a soundtrack.

No comments: