Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Meet Our Staff: David Davis

David H. Davis
Graduate Assistant
254-968-9249
st_ddavis08@tarleton.edu
Reference & Information Desk
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor

Hi! I often get comments of looking like Robin Williams. (I'm sure they meant Robert Redford, right?) In actuality, I'm the new Graduate Assistant working at the Reference & Information Desk on the main floor of the Dick Smith Library. I’m there Sundays from 8 PM to midnight, Mondays through Thursdays from 9:30 PM to midnight, Fridays from 4 to 8 PM, and Wednesdays from 10 AM to noon.

A majority of the questions at the Reference & Information Desk are of a technical nature. However, it's always fun to help (even more rewarding to find) answers to reference questions. In general, I enjoy assisting students, working with the student workers, and the great staff here at Dick Smith Library.

My full-time job is as a graduate biology student combining coursework in biology and wildlife sciences. For the past couple of years, I have researched an endangered bird species, the black-capped vireo, that makes Texas its spring and summer home.

After living in 14 states, I am now making Texas my home. When I have free time, I enjoy not reading, catching up on my sleep, bicycling, and exploring the places and people of Texas. So far, I've enjoyed: fishing the clear waters near Port Aransas, spotting new 'Life' birds, 'winged-flowers' (aka butterflies), and dragonflies of the Rio Grande Valley, snow in the Davis Mountains, and the exposed geological history and beautiful sunsets at Caprock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the black-capped vireo. We try to make our place inhospitable to brown-headed cowbirds...

Anonymous said...

You do favor Robin Williams, how cool is that.