Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Meet Our Staff: Cindy Roberts

Cindy Roberts
Access Services Assistant
254-968-1895
croberts@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library - Circulation Desk

I began working at the library on September 3, 2008. My duties include making meeting room reservations and other clerical stuff that helps Access Services
run smoothly. I also help with interlibrary loan, and I am training at the circulation desk. Rashelle, Kim and the students who work at the circulation desk have been great about showing me how to do things.

I am a graduate of Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas, with a Bachelor of Arts in Social Science. My last paid position was at the Fort Worth Public Library, where I was a Library Assistant in the Social Science department and then at the main Reference Desk for almost four years. I also have a background in the travel industry. I was a reservation agent for Braniff Airlines and Budget Car Rentals.

I live here in Stephenville with, my mom, Charlotte, who works for Tarleton in the Residential Living and Learning Department; my daughter, Summer, who is a junior at Stephenville High School and is a member of the Stingerettes; my two cats, Pumpkin and Ellie Mae; and I have a great boyfriend who lives in Hurst, Texas.

I really enjoy the Fall season. It is my favorite. I am looking forward to cooler weather, football games, the State Fair, Oktoberfest and Halloween.

No comments: