Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Meet Our Staff: Tonya Dobson

Tonya Dobson
Assistant to University Librarian
254-968-9246
dobson@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Upper Level – room 201

I began my career within the Texas A&M System in July 2002 in College Station. I worked for the Vice President for Research until January 2005. My husband, kids and I moved back to Stephenville and I began working in the Information Resource department and then I transferred to Payroll in July 2006. I left Tarleton for a brief time to work from home and I was given an opportunity to return in the Dick Smith Library on July 1, 2008 as the Administrative Assistant.

As Administrative Assistant, I serve as Student Worker Coordinator for the library. If you are a student and are interested in working for the library, come see me on the upper level administrative office, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM, and fill out an application.

My husband Terry and I have been married for 14 years and we have a 13 year old son, Tristan, and a 7 year old daughter, Tatum. I keep busy taking them from football practice to soccer practice and many other activities. I volunteer as a board member of the Stephenville Soccer Association as well as at our church.

[Note:  On February 1, 2011, Tonya was promoted to the position of Administrative Services Coordinator for the library.]

1 comment:

Cathy W. said...

Welcome aboard, Tonya. We're really glad you joined us in libraryland. CW