Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Meet Our Staff: Scott Pope

Scott Pope
Acquisitions Librarian
254-968-9475
pope@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor – room 111A

As Acquisitions Librarian, I purchase books for the library, working closely with the faculty to match our holdings to the university curriculum. I have been in this position for five years. I’m also a Tarleton alumnus, graduating with a B.S. in mathematics back in 1993. I am the library’s liaison to the Biological Sciences department as well as the Educational Leadership & Policy Studies department.

I love books so much, both non-fiction and fiction, so it is hard to pick a favorite, but as a child I liked the Boxcar Children mysteries and the Encyclopedia Brown detective stories, and as an adult I really enjoy P.D. James mysteries.

Traveling is in my blood. I grew up on a military base in Heidelberg, Germany, and also worked for Delta Air Lines. Within the past few years I’ve been to Switzerland and England.

I watch a lot of TV. My current favorites are House, Dexter, and Torchwood.

I have a wonderful female cat, Cosmo, who tolerates me.

No comments: