Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meet Our Staff: Ruth Chege

Ruth Wanjiku Kamau Chege
Graduate Assistant
254-526-1618
st_rchege01@tarleton.edu
Room 113, Bldg 102
Oveta Culp Hobby Memorial Library
Tarleton Central Texas Campus
Killeen, Texas

I am a part time library assistant. I joined the library in the fall of 2004 as a student worker. As the tradition goes, I was initiated into the Tarleton – Central Texas library by being assigned to shelve the children’s section for the entire semester. Along with that I started learning how to work the circulation desk, periodicals desk, processing books and learning to repair books. For my first summer I experienced the inventory process. Long and repetitive is the description I would give for that process. All in all it has been a fun, new, rigorous experience. Three and half years later I still enjoy working here; I have met wonderful people and learned to appreciate all the work that goes into running a library.

During my free time I enjoy watching movies, travelling, and reading. My favorite books of all time are: The River and the Source by Margaret Ogola, Facing Mt. Kenya by Jomo Kenyatta and Pains of a Maid (Pacesetters series) by A. Mkhonza. [As you may have guessed from these books, Ruth grew up in Kenya.]

No comments: