Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Meet Our Staff: Daphne Hunt

Daphne Hunt
University Web Administrator
254-968-9713
djhunt@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Upper Level – room 248

I am Daphne Hunt, the University Web Administrator. I work in the Web Services office, which is on the upper level in the library. I have worked at Tarleton since 2004, starting as a student worker, and then becoming a graduate assistant. I received my Bachelor of Applied Science in 2005 and Master of Information Systems in 2006, both from Tarleton. I came to Web Services as a Web Designer in October 2006, and was promoted to my current position in September 2007.

As the University Web Administrator, I develop and articulate the overall focus and concept for the university web site and pages. Our department creates web sites and web applications for departments and organizations, assists students, faculty, and staff with creating and maintaining Tarleton-based web pages, and offers training in web design and development. We are currently working on a brand-new homepage for Tarleton, and are very excited about the prospect of giving Tarleton’s web presence a brand new look.

I love watching TV, and a couple of my favorite shows are American Idol and Lost. I also love sci-fi/horror films and books. I am a new mom to a wonderful little girl named Ava, and have been married for close to four years. Please feel welcome to come up to our office and say “Hello” anytime!

No comments: