Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Meet Our Staff: Sandra Nelson

Sandra Nelson
Library Assistant II
254-526-1618
snelson@tarleton.edu
Tarleton Library - Central Texas - Room 113, Bldg. 102
Oveta Culp Hobby Memorial Library
Killeen, Texas

I’m the periodicals assistant down here in Killeen, and I do all the mail processing, periodical processing to include claiming, and spend lots of time on the circulation desk. I also process books and videos. I’ve been working here for five and a half years, the first four as a part-timer.

I have a BA in Anthropology from the University of Oklahoma, and spent six years in the Army as a Signals Intelligence Analyst/Czech linguist.

In my spare time I read fantasy novels and European history and knit (not at the same time). I’m a Girl Scout leader, and I can never spend enough time with my three kids.

No comments: