Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Meet Our Staff: Jodie Baker

Jodie Baker
Reference Librarian
254-968-9987
jbaker@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Level - Rm 110C

I am Jodie Baker, a new reference librarian as I just earned my MLS at TWU. However, I have been working in the library since 1997 when I started as a student assistant in the lower level. My duties now include meeting user needs either through answering reference e-mail, maintaining Subject Guides and Internet Links, or gathering statistical information so that we can view trends. I also cover the main reference desk on Tuesday nights as well various times during the week.

I am also the library liaison for the Psychology and Sociology, Social Work, and Criminal Justice departments. Prior to becoming a librarian I earned my BS in psychology and MS in counseling here at Tarleton.

In my free time I enjoy reading (have lost many a book by reading in the bathtub), baking (make a pretty mean scratch carrot cake if I do say so myself) and doing various craft projects (playing around with beadwork and mosaics right now). Just don’t ask me to cook!

The "Meet Our Staff" feature will resume the week of January 9.

No comments: