Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Meet Our Staff: Janie Jones

Janie Jones
Assistant Director for Serials and Electronic Resources 254-968-9868
jsjones@tarleton.edu
Dick Smith Library – Main Floor – room 112A

I am Janie Jones, the Periodicals Librarian and I facilitate your access to periodical information (i.e. journals and magazines), either electronic or hardcopy. Let me know if you have questions about periodicals.

Since I have worked as a water resources librarian in several settings, it was a natural segue for me to be the liaison for the departments of Chemistry/Geosciences/Environmental Sciences and Math/Physics/Engineering. Water is a primary interest to me—Turn off those faucets while you brush your teeth! Give a hoot! Don’t pollute! In addition, my husband is a hydrologist/engineer and our daughter is studying engineering at A&M.

Enticing birds and butterflies to our yard; fair-weather organic gardening and walking; reading (occupational hazard); critiquing homemade wine and beer; and actively avoiding housework take most of my personal time. Some day I will add ‘painting’ to that list…and ‘yoga’ and…!

No comments: